Saturday, February 14, 2009

happy hearts day


it's the time of the year when people becomes sentimental, hearts and red are the "in" thing and the time when Cupid makes his yearly appearance...


Yes, it's February 14, Valentine's Day once again.


FEb.14 has been equated with lovers eversince I can remember. It's the time when lovers or those "in a relationship" (the term that people used nowadays thanks to Friendster) profess and show their love to their respective partners. It's also the time of the year when single people like me tends to become bitter and jealousy creeps in. hehehe!


During my first year as a unatttached person, i dreaded celebrating Valentine's Day. I hate it when I see couples showing public display of affection (well, even in ordinary days, i still cringe) and of course, ladies holding their own sets of flowers. sigh....


Seriously, being single for almost 2 years now, i've learned some valuable lessons that helped me face February 14, 2009 with a smile in my face.


first lesson:

being single is not equated to being miserable


second lesson:

you don't need Valentine's Day to show your love to your loved ones


and third lesson, and the most valuable lesson for me:

February 14 is not only for those "in a relationship". Valentine's Day is for everyone: for those who have loved and lost, for those who are inlove, for those who are secretly longing and waiting for that special person to come to their lives, for those who are single and chose to take the path of single blessedness... more importantly, Valentine's Day is about celebrating with those people who really matters...
*spent Valentine's Day with my grad school friends, Cla and Cris, at Gateway :)


No comments: